The Governor’s Office of Community Initiatives connects Marylanders to economic, volunteer, and human service opportunities through government, business, and nonprofit partners and conducts community affairs and engagement within the executive branch of Maryland government.
The office also houses the Governor’s Office on Service and Volunteerism and Volunteer Maryland, in addition to the governor’s ethnic and cultural commissions, faith-based outreach team, and the Advisory Stakeholder Group on Autism-Related Needs.
Announcements & News 2023
- AmeriCorps Office of Inspector General Hotline
The Inspector General for AmeriCorps, the FBI, and the U.S. Attorney’s Office are committed to investigating and prosecuting individuals who defraud the AmeriCorps program and programs under the CARES Act. If you are aware of fraud, waste, or abuse affecting AmeriCorps or any of its programs, contact the AmeriCorps Office of Inspector General Hotline (www.americorpsoig.gov/hotline)
- NEW:Governor’s Office on Service and Volunteerism Announces Annual Volunteer Recognition Day During Maryland State Fair
- July 26 Governor’s Office of Community Initiatives Announces New Service and Volunteerism Director Appointment
- July 26 Governor’s Office of Community Initiatives Announces LGBTQ Affairs Commission Administrative Director Appointment
- 211 Multilingual Support Media Toolkit
- May 26 Volunteer Maryland Announces Call for Recruits to Serve as Volunteer Coordinators for AmeriCorps
- May 19 PHOTO RELEASE: Governor’s Office of Community Initiatives Hosts Annual Asian Pacific American Heritage Month Celebration