Happy American Indian Heritage Month
December 2023 – Maryland Agritourism Conference FLYER LINK
November 2023 – Department of Veterans Administration – Operation Green Light FLYER LINK
November 10, 2023 – American Red Cross Virtual Information Session Registration Flyer
October 20, 2023 – American Red Cross Virtual Information Session Registration Flyer
October 7, 2023 – Maryland Skilled Immigrant Task Force-Interethnic Community Outreach Community Resource and Career Fair FLYERS
September 28, 2023 – Governor Moore and Lt. Governor. Miller Host Historic State House Tribal Consultation Meeting
ANNAPOLIS, MD — On Thursday, Governor Wes Moore and Lieutenant Governor Aruna Miller hosted a
meeting with six Maryland tribes to discuss concerns within the tribal communities at the State House. The historic meeting marks the first time an administration has met simultaneously with the leaders of all of Maryland’s organized tribes. “The state of Maryland is grateful to our tribal communities and their vital contributions to our society,” said Gov. Moore. “We must continue to do work in partnership with Maryland’s tribes to ensure the well being of indigenous Marylanders. From land and cultural preservation to expanded educational opportunity, our administration is committed to doing the necessary work to create a more inclusive state that leaves no one behind.” Full Article
September 2023 – The Governor’s Office of Service and Civic Innovation is looking for a
few good people to serve as Service Success Coaches. These individuals will serve as
front line support for members in the Maryland Corps & Service Year Option programs.
As such, they will be indispensable to ensuring that members are navigating challenges
and diligently focused on their professional development so that there’s a clear “next
step” at the conclusion of their term in Summer 2024.
August 2023 – GOCI at MACo Convention
May 18, 2023 – Asian Pacific American Heritage Month Celebration
Best candidates will have strong emotional intelligence and a sincere commitment to
working with individuals trying to find their way.
The Governor’s Office of Community Initiatives connects Marylanders to economic, volunteer, and human service opportunities through government, business, and nonprofit partners and conducts community affairs and engagement within the executive branch of Maryland government.
- NEW:Governor’s Office on Service and Volunteerism Announces Annual Volunteer Recognition Day During Maryland State Fair
- July 26 Governor’s Office of Community Initiatives Announces New Service and Volunteerism Director Appointment
- July 26 Governor’s Office of Community Initiatives Announces LGBTQ Affairs Commission Administrative Director Appointment
- 211 Multilingual Support Media Toolkit
- May 26 Volunteer Maryland Announces Call for Recruits to Serve as Volunteer Coordinators for AmeriCorps
- May 19 PHOTO RELEASE: Governor’s Office of Community Initiatives Hosts Annual Asian Pacific American Heritage Month Celebration