Hogan Administration Honors Youth During 20th Annual M&T Bank Honor Rows Program
Maryland Recognizes Youth Volunteer Groups
Annapolis, MD – Governor Larry Hogan and the Governor’s Office on Service and Volunteerism partnered with M&T Bank and the Baltimore Ravens to honor the service of youth volunteer groups in Maryland and to foster the spirit of civic engagement at a young age. Fifteen groups were chosen based upon the scale of which the group met the needs of the surrounding community; developed leadership, interpersonal, and soft-skills of their members; and involved at-risk youth among the group’s members and the community they served.
“In the simplest acts of service, our finest moments emerge, the moments where we become something more than ourselves,” said Nicki Fiocco, Director for the Governor’s Office on Service and Volunteerism. “Maryland champions those who light the way in service to others.”
20th Annual M&T Bank Honor Rows
During each Baltimore Ravens home game throughout the 2019 season, as part of the 20th Annual M&T Bank Honor Rows program, the fifteen youth groups were recognized with up to 100 Baltimore Ravens game tickets, “Honor Rows” T-shirts, and official in-game recognition of honorees on RavensVision. Additionally, the Governor’s Office on Service and Volunteerism commission and staff members presented a Governor’s Citation on behalf of Governor Hogan to the youth groups in honor of their service.
Among the youth groups were inaugural Youth Service Awards honorees Mackenzie Greenwood, an individual recipient and founder of Hampstead’s Little Free Pantry (Carroll County), and Sho’men Youth Swim Team Volunteer Club (Kent and Queen Anne’s Counties). Also joining them was Grace Callwood, an inaugural Black History Month Leadership and Service recipient, founder of the We Cancerve Movement, Inc (Harford County), and 2019 CNN Young Wonder.
Honor Rows 2019 Recap Video Link
A full list of youth groups is provided below in order of attendance:
- St. John’s Episcopal Church – Young Adults in Church Youth Group (YAC)
- Stephen Decatur High School National Honor Society
- Girl Scout Troop 1093
- We Cancerve Movement, Inc.
- Leadership, Education, and Awareness about Disabilities (L.E.A.D)
- Drug Free Cecil Youth Coalition, Youth Empowerment Source (YES)
- Baltimore Area Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Maryland National Guard Freestate ChalleNGe
- Girl Scout Troop 1165
- Hampstead’s Little Free Pantry
- Sho’men Youth Swim Team Volunteer Club
- Big Brothers Big Sisters at the Y
- Berlin Intermediate School After School Academy